Jill started her business from home after years in the events and marketing sector. With a young family to consider setting up a home studio was a way to work and be creative, but also to ensure she was always around. Very quickly Jill established a loyal following, and with her knowledge of marketing and social media created a footprint quickly.
Awards and milestones
- The first International milliner chosen to be part of the Royal Ascot Collective at Fenwicks in UK 2019
- Harpers Bazaar milliner for grand Finale runway at VAMFF 2019
- Winner of the Myer Millinery Award 2014
- Milliner for the winning design in the Myer Design Award 2015
- Runner up in the worldwide Queens Diamond Jubilee Millinery Award
Every piece in her range is finished or hand made in her studio in Highett, Melbourne. With an eye for current trends and fashion, and as a millinery trend establisher, she is often requested up to six months out from events so clients can have a bespoke piece. Her design style is sleek and unfussy with a clean line and is mostly known in the millinery world for her floral leather work, featherwork and vintage inspired pieces.
With a high social media presence, Jill has established a leading edge that has seen hats sell online in less than a minute of the image being shared with her followers.